Monday, May 12, 2008

mother's day memories

Mother's day was yesterday and it turned out very similar to last year for me. So far in my brief stint as a mother I have had two mother's days that involved sickness. Last year Jeremiah was about 2 months old and the day before mother's day was my sister's wedding. I was in a dress all day and had pumped breast milk for Jeremiah so I didn't have to worry about him during the ceremony. The downside was that when I woke up the next morning I had a very sore duct-clogged breast that gave me a fever and pain for days. So the day was spent watching t.v. and feeling horrible while at my parent's house.

This year I woke up and got ready for church, including a new dress (being pregnant and wearing a dress kind of makes me look like a whale though). After Jeremiah woke up he began throwing up a little. While he didn't throw up again really, he had a fever on and off all day. We spent the day watching t.v. and he kept falling asleep on my lap, which was continued into today (It takes him like 15 minutes to get comfortable on my lap because my big Silas belly gets in the way of his comfort). He has been living off of graham crackers since he can eat them on his own now. And we are at my parent's house.

I wonder what awaits me next mother's day?

No comments: